I work with lots of parents anxious about their children when the family is going through divorce. My simple advice is to ‘Keep It Consistent.’ Children thrive on consistency and even more so during the stressful and challenging time of divorce and separation. So keep as many things the same as you can, as it helps your child feel nurtured and surrounded by stability in a very fast and highly changing environment.
Connect with Sue
- SAPS 41 How Girls with Autism Are Totally Different To Boys & Why Some Teenagers Lie. Episode 41 of The Sue Atkins Parenting Show
- Chris Packham: ‘Asperger’s and Me’ was a brave and utterly fascinating documentary.
- Sue Atkins In Conversation With …… Laura Henry Founder of ‘My Family Week’
- SAPS 40 What Dr. Foster Showed Us About Divorce, Introducing ‘My Family Week’ & How To Help Siblings Cope With Sick Brothers & Sisters
- SCREENAGERS? ELECTRIC BABYSITTERS? How much screen time is OK for your kids?