Here’s a story from my never ending notebook and everlasting coloured pencil called “Not Cheese Sandwiches AGAIN !”
“I once knew a person just like you:
I met him on a construction site in Manchester. When the lunch bell rang: all the workers would sit down together to eat. And every day, Sam would open his lunch box and start to complain.
“Gosh, I can’t believe it!” he’d cry, “not cheese and pickle sandwiches again. I hate cheese and pickle sandwiches!”
He whined about his cheese and pickle sandwiches day, after day, after day, until one of the guys on the team finally said to him, “For goodness sake, why don’t you just tell your partner to make you something different?”
“What do you mean, my partner?” Sam replied. “I’m not even married. I make my own sandwiches!”
• So what’s this story really about?
• How are you blaming others like your children, your partner or your mother-in-law for your circumstances, predicament, your happiness, or your lack of confidence?
• What can you do today to start taking responsibly for your family relationships?
• What small step can you take this week to change the way you look at life, your parenting, your relationships and your happiness?
• What will be the benefits to you, your kids and your family generally if you make some new choices and make some small changes?
• What new choices will you commit to making right now?
• How does that feel?
• How does your future look now?
• So what’s stopping you?